The overall goal of the project is to promote healthy environments and diets to prevent obesity and diabetes in two selected Caribbean Countries (Grenada and St. Lucia).
- identify the main environmental (physical, economic, socio-cultural, political) factors that impact eating and physical activity among children 7 - 11 years in Grenada and St. Lucia
- rank (based on the perspective of a vulnerable community in each targeted country), the ease of modification of the factors that impact healthy eating and physical activity.
- determine which of the identified factors can be positively influenced within a two-year intervention period.
- determine whether the pilot intervention resulted in improvements in the selected obesogenic factors
- Documentation of risk factors that create barriers to healthy eating and physical activity in Grenada and St. Lucia (from the Preliminary Study in Phase I)
- Development of a recommended model for multi-country study (During Phases II and III)/li>
CARPHA Programmatic Area(s):
SP 3: Healthy Living through the Life Course
SO3: To enhance CARPHA Member States to monitor and respond to priority public health concerns throughout the Life Course (Nutrition and Physical Activity School-Based Intervention)